Swimmers / Lateral Hip Filter
This x-ray filter has two primary uses, the lateral hip and swimmers view for use with CR and DR and film. No positioning required, just
move it in until it stops, they are already centered. Tech Proof with a stainless steel base custom fit for all x-ray machines (including
portables). Also reduces radiation by filtering before it reaches the patient!
- Image improvement with the use of the swimmers filter
- This equalizing x-ray filter reduces overexposure to the cervical spine to produce a balanced density from C-1 to T-1
- The model 100 H filter is slid into the collimator rails, opened, the CR collimated, then the filter is closed for exposure.
"Out success rate for demonstrating C-7- T-1 on trauma
C-spines has greatly improved."
Lateral Hip Features:
- Application for lateral cervical spines with CR @ 72 inches to increase information on the lower cervical and upper thoracic,
very often reducing the need for a swimmer view
- The x-ray filter increases visual detail through additional coning (see photo). The lead coning rails assure proper coning at 40 inches.
It creates a border one inch wide on the length of the image.
"We have not repeated one cross table lateral hip or even had to
post-process in over a dozen cases."
Slides easily onto the collimator rails
Image from Merrill's Atlas Volume one 12th edition page 53 Compensating filters