The Ferlic Filter is a compensation filter that allows the entire cervical spine (C1-C7) and upper thoracic vertebra (T1) to be recorded on a single lateral film, significantly reducing radiation exposure and costs.
- Reduces overexposure to the cervical spine to produce a balanced density from C-1 to T-1.
- Reduces excessive radiation by filtering before it reaches the patient.
- Application for lateral cervical spines with CR @ 72″ increases information on the lower cervical and upper thoracic, often reducing the need for a swimmer view.
- No positioning is required – just move it in until it stops
- Increases visual detail through additional coning
- Tech-proof with a stainless steel base custom fit for all x-ray machines (including portables).
- Lead coning rails assure proper coning at 40 inches
- Creates a one-inch border on the length of the image
Seen in Merrill’s Atlas, 12th Edition Vol #1 Chapter 1 pg 19